Saturday, August 27, 2016

Love, Sex and Betrayal: Episode 1

It's a great story and is not always about sex, but about the story of a young man "hibiscus" whose life got ruined because of his love for women and money. Enjoy!!


“Passing out parade has finally come and gone. I would definitely miss my corper friends(ugo, taiwo alex) and my katibu environment.” I said to myself as I packed and arranged my luggage. So many thoughts were simultaneously running through my mind. I asked myself “after service year what next?.” The fear of being jobless and staying idle at home was driving me crazy. Throughout the service year, I was unable to put in for any job online because of the poor network service in the community I served.

I picked up my bag and boarded a bus to Akure. On getting home, everybody welcomed me as if I just returned from an oversea trip. My mother was filled with joy when she finally set her eyes on me after a long absence from home. She was all over me asking different questions. “To see you back alive despite the growing
insurgency in the north calls for celebration” my dad interjected. “it wasn’t my power o but God” I replied. Everything they were saying this period weren’t even bothering me, I was only concerned about how to start life afresh, since there won’t be Fg allowance at the end of the month, so I paid no attention to the drama unfolding around me.

I woke up the next day to draft my CV and started online job hustling. The fear of the unknown kept pushing to apply for jobs randomly. Though my dream was to work with an IOGC or any FMCG but I told myself I’ve to just start somewhere. Three weeks into my job search, I received a call from my childhood friend, kola, who informed me about the recruitment exercise going on in the FMCG Company he works. He sent me the job link and presto I applied. Luckily for me, I was invited for the aptitude test. With a smile on my face, I said to myself “baba God has finally heard my humble request…I no go allow this opportunity pass me bye.” Despite so much book reading and necessary preparation, I failed the test and received the dreaded regret mail. It was a big disappointment to me but I refused to let it weigh me down as this was even my first time of writing any test.

After a month of sleeping, waking and combing online for jobs, my closest pal, lekster, advised me to move in with him at igoba estate instead of living a life of boredom in my parent’s house and as this would even be good for us guys. Lekster is currently employed, though not too much paying job but he was able to rent a room self contain and tastefully furnished the room.

I moved in with Lekster and ceaselessly continue with my job hustling. Luckily for me, I always got shortlisted for tests but most times I failed at the second stage. I would have even given up if not for the encouraging words from Lekster which kept me going.

Watch out for episode 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share